Official Contest Rules
To provide readers with a fair and equal chance of winning any contest sponsored by PARENTGUIDE News on our site or in our publications, we provide these official rules. Please review the rules before entering any PARENTGUIDE News contest. Where there is a discrepancy between the official rules below and any details provided with a specific contest, the specific contest rules apply. If you have questions, write to email@example.com for assistance. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN. All winners must be age 18 years or older, unless otherwise stated and/or posted. All winners must be legal U.S. residents at the time of winning. There is no limit to how many contests you may enter on www.parentguidenews.com or through PARENTGUIDE News, regardless of the outcome of previous contests.
- How to participate in a contest: Follow the rules according to the contest announcement in print or online to enter. If not otherwise stated, send entries to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the contest in the subject line. Mention the sender’s name, the name of the entrant (as applies for child entrants) and your hometown in the body of the e-mail message, along with the submission. Winners of contests will be chosen at random or by viewers to www.parentguidenews.com depending on the contest. For contests chosen by viewer votes, entries will be disqualified if any vote received is found to have been submitted using a falsified IP address. Entrants are prohibited from obtaining votes for any entry by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, vote farming, or any other activity that artificially inflates votes as determined by PARENTGUIDE News at its sole discretion.
- For random drawings, winners will be chosen at random from e-mail messages received at the PARENTGUIDE contest e-mail address. Only one entry per e-mail address used to send the e-mail entry will be considered for the contest, unless multiple entries are specifically allowed in the contest description. Unless otherwise specified in an individual contest description, no person may enter any contest more than once using multiple e-mail addresses. Contest entrants must send entries using the correct contest entry e-mail address, subject line and any other specific entry information requested in the description. PARENTGUIDE News is not responsible for materials e-mailed or snail mailed for consideration. PARENTGUIDE News reserves the right to reject any entries with any incomplete information or incorrect responses. E-mails sent but not received by PARENTGUIDE News (for any reason) are also not eligible to win.
- How we contact winners: PARENTGUIDE News will e-mail any winners of contests a “winner notification e-mail” to the sender’s e-mail address used to enter the contest. The person receiving and replying to the winner notification e-mail will be considered the winner unless that person specifies another person as the winner, or the contest specifies another person, such a child, the winner. PARENTGUIDE News will mail the contest prize to the address supplied by the recipient of the winner announcement e-mail. In some cases, the winner may have several prize options from which to choose. The winner must claim the prize by an e-mail response to the winner notification e-mail message within 30 days of the date PARENTGUIDE News sent the original winner notification e-mail. Failure to respond shall mean that the winner forfeits the prize. PARENTGUIDE News is not required to award elsewhere any prizes forfeited by the chosen winner(s).
- Winners may not request substitutions of prize offerings. If unable to accept prize due to geographical conflict, the prize will then be forfeited and given to a runner-up winner. All winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees, and all such additional costs that may be incurred.
- Neither PARENTGUIDE News, PARENTGUIDE News sponsors, nor employees of PARENTGUIDE News or individual sponsors may be held liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury or any other claims incurred as a result of usage of any winners of a prize once winner has taken possession of the product, gone to see a show, traveled on a vacation or utilized a prize in any other way. PARENTGUIDE News is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with or resulting from any contest promoted by PARENTGUIDE News.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, PARENTGUIDE News may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
- Management, employees and families of PARENTGUIDE News are prohibited from winning any prizes awarded by PARENTGUIDE News.
- PARENTGUIDE News reserves the right to alter any rules of any contest at anytime. If you have any questions or complaints about a PARENTGUIDE News contest, please contact email@example.com.
- The official rules apply to all contests advertised or sponsored by PARENTGUIDE News, whether in print, online, through Twitter, via Facebook or other social networking mediums.
- Entry: Enter at http://www.parentguidenews.com/Voting/ForOurFacebookFans by filling out the entry form. Please use a valid e-mail when entering. Entrants must be registered Facebook fans of PARENTGUIDE News. To become a fan, “Like” us at www.facebook.com/parentguidenews.
- Limit: One entry per person with a valid e-mail address is accepted per giveaway. Any attempt by an entrant or any other person to enter the same giveaway more than once by using different e-mail addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods may result in disqualification
- PARENTGUIDE News staff will do their best to inform you of your win, but entrant is responsible for checking Facebook or contest page to see if entrant has won.
- If winner has been contacted by PARENTGUIDE News with no response within a three-week time period, winner will be considered to have forfeited giveaway.
- By submitting any photo or information to PARENTGUIDE News, you hereby grant to PARENTGUIDE News and its affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees and assigns, an irrevocable, perpetual and royalty-free right to use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish and otherwise make use of the submitted photo or other information in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created, throughout the world and for any purpose. In addition to other things, the rights granted to PARENTGUIDE News include but are not limited to the right to resize, crop, censor, compress, edit, feature, caption, affix logos to, and to otherwise alter or make use of the submitted photo. By submitting any photo or information to PARENTGUIDE News, you hereby represent and warrant that the submitted photo or information does not and shall not infringe on any copyright, any rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party, and you have the right to grant any and all rights and licenses granted to PARENTGUIDE News herein, including but not limited to all necessary rights under copyright, free and clear of any claims or encumbrances. You acknowledge and agree that PARENTGUIDE News shall have no obligation to post, display or otherwise make publicly available any photo or information submitted by you, and may, in its sole and unfettered discretion, remove, edit, modify or delete any photo or information that you submit to PARENTGUIDE News. You understand and intend that any photo or information submitted by you to PARENTGUIDE News may be available for viewing by the public. By submitting any photo or information to PARENTGUIDE News, you hereby waive any privacy expectations that you may have with respect to any such photo or information submitted by you to PARENTGUIDE News. You hereby agree to hold PARENTGUIDE News and its affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees sponsors and assigns harmless from and against, and hereby waive any right to pursue, any claims of any nature arising in connection with the inclusion in, publication via or display on any PARENTGUIDE News site or in our e-mail newsletters, or any other use authorized under these Terms, of any photo or information submitted to PARENTGUIDE News by you. Photos or information submitted by you to PARENTGUIDE News shall be the property of PARENTGUIDE News, and PARENTGUIDE News shall have no obligation to preserve, return or otherwise make available to you or others any photos or information submitted.