Family Events in Passaic County
To ensure the best possible experience at community events and programs, please check with the host before attending in case details have changed.
All Month Long
- October 1: Hockey Instruction for Kids, The Ice Vault Skating Arena, 10 Nevins Drive, Wayne, (973)628-1500, www.icevault.com. Young hockey lovers are invited to study their favorite pastime in a nurturing atmosphere under the instruction of trained, patient teachers. Ongoing throughout the fall.
- October 3: Allendale Farmers’ Market, 500 W. Crescent Ave., Allendale, (201)825-0500 or (201)638-6765, www.allendalechamber.com. This weekly event offers a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, plants, olive oil, baked goods, cheese, eggs, and so much more! Ongoing Saturdays through October 24. 9:30am-2:30pm.
- October 3: Free weekly Craft Program for Kids, Lakeshore Learning, 449 Essex St., Hackensack, (201)441-9214, www.lakeshorelearning.com. Stop by Lakeshore any Saturday and kill two birds with one stone as Mom shops for useful art supplies or educational games and activities for the kids while they get creative with some fun, free crafts. Ongoing Saturdays through December 26. 11am-3pm..
- October 7: Preschool Story Time, Teaneck Public Library, 840 Teaneck Road, Teaneck, (201)837-4171, www.teaneck.org. Children age 3 1/2-5 are invited to enjoy a fun filled preshool storytime. No registration is required. Ongoing Wednesdays through December 23. 1-3pm.
- October 8: River Vale Farmers Market, 406 Rivervale, River Vale, (201)664-2346, www.rivervalenj.org. Amish baked goods, artisan breads, cheese, sauces, gluten free products, nuts and dried fruits, fresh made pickles and olives, gourmet olive oils and vinegars, homemade chili, empanadas, pizza and soups, artisan soaps and body care products, as well as fresh fruits and vegetables are all on display at this weekly market. WIC and Senior FMNP vouchers accepted by some farmers. Ongoing Thursdays through October 29. 12-6pm.
- October 8: Story Time, Cliffside Park Free Public Library, 505 Palisade Ave. Cliffside Park, (201)945-2867, www.cliffsidepark.bccls.org. Children ages birth to 4 years old are invited to join Mr. C for a special morning storytime program that is sure to leave them smiling. Ongoing Thursdays through December 17. 10:30-11:30am. .
- Tuesdays in October : Zumba Fitness Classes, Fred Astaire Dance Studio, 604 Valley Road, Clifton, New Jersey, (973)783-8999, www.danceastaire.com. Ditch the same old workout and join the Zumba party as certified instructor Jennifer Donayre-Manderichio leads a fast-paced class designed to burn hundreds of calories at a time!
- Thursdays in October: Zumba and Yoga, Vida Wellness Studio, 247 Crooks Ave., Clifton, (347)268-9940, www.vidawellnessnow.com. Vida Wellness Studio hosts a special complimentary class to first time clients. Stop in for a great latin-style aerobic dance workout followed by an amazing yoga class. All levels welcome. 7-9pm.
- Saturdays Throughout October: Ninja Martial Arts for Children, Passaic Bujinkan Buyu, 35 Harding Ave # 2, Clifton, New Jersey, (609)379-BUYU (2898), www.passaic-bujinkan-buyu.setec=: Museum Tours, Hamilton House Museum, 971 Valley Road, Clifton, (973)744-5707. Drop by the museum to learn how people lived in the past, as well as a little history of the area, during a weekly tour of the eye-catching restored Dutch farmhouse. 2-4pm.
- Ongoing Throughout the Fall: Ice Skating for Families, The Ice Vault Skating Arena, 10 Nevins Drive, Wayne, (973)628-1500, www.icevault.com. Tie up your skates and treat your family to some of the coolest events on ice at Ice Vault. The state-of- the-art indoor skating facility offers something for everyone, including classes for tots, adults and hockey.