Family Events in Passaic County
To ensure the best possible experience at community events and programs, please check with the host before attending in case details have changed.
August 1 - 9
- August 1: Peter Pan, St. Catherine’s Performing Arts Guild, Ringwood, 112 Erskine Road, Ringwood, www.stcpag.org. The St. Catherine of Bologna Performing Arts Guild (STCPAG) presents a memorable adaptation of the classic fairy tale. Presented again on August 2 and 3.
- August 1: All Star Hockey Academy, The Ice Vault Skating Arena, 10 Nevins Drive, Wayne, (973)628-1500, www.icevault.com. Young hockey lovers are invited to study under legendary New Jersey Devils players in weekly sessions that cover an array of hockey themes and instruction, and welcome former Devils greats Chico Resch, Jan Ludvig, and Scott Stevens. Ongoing through August 30.
- August 2: The Main Memorial Park Flea Market & Collictible Show, 1400 Main Ave., Clifton, www.jcpromotions.info. This indoor and outdoor flea market offers a wide variety of jewelry, clothing, handbags, perfumes, vintage collectibles, garage/tag sale items and so much more!
- August 2: Ringwood Farmers' Market, Ringwood Park and Ride, Cannici Drive, Ringwood, www.ringwoodfarmersmarket.org. Turn your Saturday into a tasty treat for one and all by paying a visit to a morning market that includes fresh fruits and vegetables, homemade jellies and jams, fresh baked goods, and much more. 9am-1pm.
- August 3: Hawthorne Farmer’s Market, Grand Ave., Hawthorne, (973)204-5088. Drop by this weekly program featuring a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, flowers, honey, and home made baked goods. Ongoing through October 26. 9am-2pm.
- August 9: Summer Craft Fair, New Jersey Botanical Garden, 2 Morris Road, Ringwood, www.njbg.org. There’s tons of fun for the whole family during this afternoon event that includes over 40 booths with beautiful crafts, including jewelry, pottery, sculpture, art, kids’ stuff, and all kinds of unusual goodies. Free admission. 12-4pm.
August 10 - 31
- August 10: Frank Vincent Marina Street Fair & Collectible Show, 205 Passaic Ave., Kearny, www.jcpromotions.info. This special fundraiser to benefit the Kearny Lions includes new merchandise, collectibles, garage/tag sale items, antiques. areas for kids, and much more! 9am-5pm.
- August 24: The Jubilee Park Flea Market & Collectible Show, 915 Allwood Ave. & Clifton Ave., Clifton, www.jcpromotions.info. Visit this giant flea market at the beautiful tree lined Jubilee Park, as more than 100 exhibitors sell an array of new merchandise, from handbags, incense and oils, to sports collectibles, jewelry, gift items, and much more.
- August 31: Street Fair, McBride Ave. from Memorial to Lackawanna, Woodland Park, (973)345-8100, ext. 213, www.wpnj.us/recreation. More than 100 exhibitors sell an array of new merchandise, from handbags, incense and oils, to sports collectibles, jewelry, gift items, and much more. 10am-5pm.
All Month Long
- Tuesdays in August: Zumba Fitness Classes, Fred Astaire Dance Studio, 604 Valley Road, Clifton, New Jersey, (973)783-8999, www.danceastaire.com. Ditch the same old workout and join the Zumba party as certified instructor Jennifer Donayre-Manderichio leads a fast-paced class designed to burn hundreds of calories at a time!
- Thursdays in August: Zumba and Yoga, Vida Wellness Studio, 247 Crooks Ave., Clifton, (347)268-9940, www.vidawellnessnow.com. Vida Wellness Studio hosts a special complimentary class to first time clients. Stop in for a great latin-style aerobic dance workout followed by an amazing yoga class. All levels welcome. 7-9pm.
- Saturdays Throughout August: Ninja Martial Arts for Children, Passaic Bujinkan Buyu, 35 Harding Ave # 2, Clifton, New Jersey, (609)379-BUYU (2898), www.passaic-bujinkan-buyu.setec=: Museum Tours, Hamilton House Museum, 971 Valley Road, Clifton, (973)744-5707. Drop by the museum to learn how people lived in the past, as well as a little history of the area, during a weekly tour of the eye-catching restored Dutch farmhouse. 2-4pm.
- Ongoing Throughout the Summer: Ice Skating for Families, The Ice Vault Skating Arena, 10 Nevins Drive, Wayne, (973)628-1500, www.icevault.com. Tie up your skates and treat your family to some of the coolest events on ice at Ice Vault. The state-of- the-art indoor skating facility offers something for everyone, including classes for tots, adults and hockey.
- Ongoing Throughout the Summer: Soccer for Kids, Kiddie Soccer, various locations in Bergen, Essex, Middlesex, Monmouth, Morris, Passaic and Somerset Counties, (973)543-1197, www.kiddiesoccer.com. The top of the line sports program that preschoolers are sure to get a “kick” out of gets underway for another exciting spring season!