Family Events in Passaic County
To ensure the best possible experience at community events and programs, please check with the host before attending in case details have changed.
September 1 - October 4
- September 6: Hawthorne Farmer’s Market, Grand Ave., Hawthorne, (973)204-5088. Drop by this weekly program featuring a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, flowers, honey, and home made baked goods. Ongoing through October 27. 9am-2pm.
- September 1: Hockey Instruction for Kids, The Ice Vault Skating Arena, 10 Nevins Drive, Wayne, (973)628-1500, www.icevault.com. Young hockey lovers are invited to study their favorite pastime in a nurturing atmosphere under the instruction of trained, patient teachers. Ongoing throughout the fall season.
- September 14: Frank Vincent Marina Street Fair & Collectible Show, 205 Passaic Ave., Kearny, www.jcpromotions.info. This special fundraiser to benefit the Kearny Lions includes new merchandise, collectibles, garage/tag sale items, antiques. areas for kids, and much more! Presented again on October 19. 9am-5pm.
- September 19: 30th Annual Gala Fundraiser, New Jersey Botanical Garden, 2 Morris Road, Ringwood, www.njbg.org. The NJBG hosts festive evening at the Indian Trail Club in Franklin Lakes to celebrate 30 spectacular years. The night includes dinner, guest speaker, silent auction, door prizes, and gift bags. Reservations required. 6pm.
- October 4: The Main Memorial Park Flea Market & Collictible Show, 1400 Main Ave., Clifton, www.jcpromotions.info. This indoor and outdoor flea market offers a wide variety of jewelry, clothing, handbags, perfumes, vintage collectibles, garage/tag sale items and so much more!
All Month Long
- Tuesdays in September: Zumba Fitness Classes, Fred Astaire Dance Studio, 604 Valley Road, Clifton, New Jersey, (973)783-8999, www.danceastaire.com. Ditch the same old workout and join the Zumba party as certified instructor Jennifer Donayre-Manderichio leads a fast-paced class designed to burn hundreds of calories at a time!
- Thursdays in September: Zumba and Yoga, Vida Wellness Studio, 247 Crooks Ave., Clifton, (347)268-9940, www.vidawellnessnow.com. Vida Wellness Studio hosts a special complimentary class to first time clients. Stop in for a great latin-style aerobic dance workout followed by an amazing yoga class. All levels welcome. 7-9pm.
- Saturdays Throughout September: Ninja Martial Arts for Children, Passaic Bujinkan Buyu, 35 Harding Ave # 2, Clifton, New Jersey, (609)379-BUYU (2898), www.passaic-bujinkan-buyu.setec=: Museum Tours, Hamilton House Museum, 971 Valley Road, Clifton, (973)744-5707. Drop by the museum to learn how people lived in the past, as well as a little history of the area, during a weekly tour of the eye-catching restored Dutch farmhouse. 2-4pm.
- Ongoing Throughout the Fall: Ice Skating for Families, The Ice Vault Skating Arena, 10 Nevins Drive, Wayne, (973)628-1500, www.icevault.com. Tie up your skates and treat your family to some of the coolest events on ice at Ice Vault. The state-of- the-art indoor skating facility offers something for everyone, including classes for tots, adults and hockey.
- Ongoing Throughout the Fall: Soccer for Kids, Kiddie Soccer, various locations in Bergen, Essex, Middlesex, Monmouth, Morris, Passaic and Somerset Counties, (973)543-1197, www.kiddiesoccer.com. The top of the line sports program that preschoolers are sure to get a “kick” out of gets underway for another exciting season!