Quick jump to:
- Current news and recommendations
- The "new normal"
- Explaining Coronavirus to kids
- Educational activities to access online
- Getting exercise at home
- Updates from our advertisers
Current news and recommendations
The "new normal"
- Coronavirus Questions for Your Camp
- Indoor Activities at Home (PARENTGUIDE News)
- Schools Closed? How to Make a New Home Routine (PBS Kids)
Explaining Coronavirus to kids
- Just For Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus (NPR)
- Learning module about Coronavirus (Brainpop)
- Preparing for a Disaster (Ready.gov)
- How to Talk to Your Kids About Coronavirus (PBS Kids)
Educational activities to access online
- Scholastic Learn At Home: Day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking, and growing. For K-Grade 6+
- Teachers Pay Teachers - activities, crafts, lessons, free or cheap.
- Brainpop and BrainpopJr - Learning tool currently offering free access to children whose schools are closed. Module about Coronavirus here.
- Arcademics: educational arcade games, up to middle school age.
- Storyline Online: Where the world's best storytellers inspire a love of reading in children. Choose a book you have so your child can read along!
- Prodigy: Fun math games, Grades 1-8
- All Kids Network: Free educational resources, worksheets, writing prompts, themed coloring pages, craft and snack ideas.
- Bamboo Learning: Free voice-based applications (Alexa skills) that cover a range of academic subjects, including math, ELA/listening comprehension, and social studies. Ages 5-12.
- These 12 Famous Museums Offer Virtual Tours You Can Take on Your Couch
- Mo Willems: Children’s book artist is offering art classes online
Getting exercise at home
- Kids' yoga on YouTube: Cosmic Kids Yoga or Bari Koral are popular channels
- Planet Fitness is offering daily free workout classes during the Coronavirus Pandemic, via YouTube
- Mashable: A number of options outlined (including Beachbody and Yoga)
- Healthista: 19 Free Workout Videos (including Yoga and Meditation)
Updates from our advertisers