As kids return to school, it’s important to keep them well rested and healthy. Check out the following tips to conquer this feat.
- Don’t let kids skip breakfast. It really is the most important meal of the day as it gets their brains and bodies going. Plus, it prevents overeating later on.
- Pack a balanced lunch. Include whole grains, think whole wheat bread, lean proteins, such as chicken, turkey, yogurt or low-fat cheese, and fruits and vegetables.
- Give kids a healthy but delicious snack for afterschool activities. Great options include fruits, vegetables, low-fat cheeses, hummus, yogurts or nuts. Nutritious fare satisfies kids and keeps cravings for junk at bay.
- Encourage active play. Whether they are inside or outside, keep kids moving! Have them participate in school sports, take them for walks or ride bikes together.
- Hydrate routinely. Ensure youngsters have water on hand to prevent dehydration and keep their bodies refreshed and properly balanced. Drinking enough water also abates urges to overeat.
- Provide children with a daily multivitamin. This is a great insurance policy to fill in any nutritional gaps. A great choice is alternaVites Kids, which can be found at www.alternavites.com.